Name:
Location: West Texas, United States

Thursday, November 09, 2006




I Love to Brag!

These are the finished shoe shrines from the October stArts class. Aren't they wonderful?

The first one is Raven's Uncle Ray. He enjoyed fishing and playing games.

The second one is Summer's Grandmother. The interesting thing about her grandmother is that Summer looks so much like her at a young age. Very pretty lady.

The third shoe was my own dedicated to my mom. I made Mom's picture (I think she was about 4 or 5 in this picture) into a faux getting card. She is the Queen of Hearts! A lot of my childhood memories revolve around the whole family playing games, card games, board games. Lots of fun.It was certainly a great experience for all of us. Students and teacher. Doing the shoe for my mom was a nice way for me to visit some precious memories. I'm the oldest of 7 kids and I kind of think if all of us did a shoe or shrine of some kind, we'd all do something different.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

I can attest to the "card" thing. My Grandparents home has a box of cards in almost every drawer.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Mrs Pretzel said...

Nancy!! I love your art!! Very {I}nspiring!! I hope you join our flickr group and post these there!! Can't wait to see more of what you do!

9:54 AM  
Blogger {raisingAlexis} said...

WOW, these ROCK!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Mrs Pretzel said...

just wanted to let you know that you inspired me to alter some shoes of my own!! I have made two so far... one that I haven't shown yet, but that will be HERE on June 30th!

9:05 PM  
Blogger .Trudi Sissons said...

These are wicked Nancy! I just posted your fabulous page from the 4x4 Poe project on my blog. Do you mind now if I add your link? I'll assume it's ok and take it off if you'd prefer that.

1:55 PM  
Blogger .Trudi Sissons said...

These are amazing! I've always wanted to alter a shoe...keep'm coming!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home